Monday, April 11, 2005
Weddings 1101
Attended a wedding at Hilton Hotel. My mum's colleague got married to a really pretty lady. Having attended wedding dinners here and there, I kinda gathered what are some of the dos and don'ts, or the wants and no-nos in a wedding dinner. This is what I think I would like to have and see in a wedding.
1) Tasteful classical music as the background during the banquet. NEVER techno or pop crap.
2) Live music is great. Classical of cos. The Tang Quartet performed at the wedding I attended. Ahh... nice...
3) Slide show of pictures/photos of the couple
4) Personalised gifts for guests
5) Absolute need for GOOD MCs. Read: Can speak fluent English without any bad pronounciation or stupid lame jokes. MCs must be close friends of the couple. Makes it more spontaneous & genuine. This is what makes or breaks the dinner atmosphere.
6) Please can somebody ban those horrible "yam-sengs"? Sheesh... it's bad enough to hear pple screaming that out aloud, let alone when the "yam-seng" that comes out turns out to be a feeble, weak one...
7) Treat your guests to a nice chocolate buffet at the end of the dinner. Think Fullerton. Though I've not been to their chocolate buffet yet. YET. sigh.
8) Always thank God, your parents & your other half during your speech. These are the most important pple in your lives.
9) Have 2 photographers and 1 camera man. Get better coverage & different angles of your wedding experience.
10) Ban those stupid games that MCs love to pull on the couple. Refer back to point 5) It's humiliating and insulting and sometimes really tacky. If the games are decent enough & tasteful, then it's ok. But then again, so far I haven't seen many like that.
Think there are many more, but these are by far the most prominent things I have observed so far. If I ever get married, IF (cos i really can't see that happening to me anymore), well I hope these points do stand true for my wedding. Oh well. I'm dreaming again. I really should stop.
1) Tasteful classical music as the background during the banquet. NEVER techno or pop crap.
2) Live music is great. Classical of cos. The Tang Quartet performed at the wedding I attended. Ahh... nice...
3) Slide show of pictures/photos of the couple
4) Personalised gifts for guests
5) Absolute need for GOOD MCs. Read: Can speak fluent English without any bad pronounciation or stupid lame jokes. MCs must be close friends of the couple. Makes it more spontaneous & genuine. This is what makes or breaks the dinner atmosphere.
6) Please can somebody ban those horrible "yam-sengs"? Sheesh... it's bad enough to hear pple screaming that out aloud, let alone when the "yam-seng" that comes out turns out to be a feeble, weak one...
7) Treat your guests to a nice chocolate buffet at the end of the dinner. Think Fullerton. Though I've not been to their chocolate buffet yet. YET. sigh.
8) Always thank God, your parents & your other half during your speech. These are the most important pple in your lives.
9) Have 2 photographers and 1 camera man. Get better coverage & different angles of your wedding experience.
10) Ban those stupid games that MCs love to pull on the couple. Refer back to point 5) It's humiliating and insulting and sometimes really tacky. If the games are decent enough & tasteful, then it's ok. But then again, so far I haven't seen many like that.
Think there are many more, but these are by far the most prominent things I have observed so far. If I ever get married, IF (cos i really can't see that happening to me anymore), well I hope these points do stand true for my wedding. Oh well. I'm dreaming again. I really should stop.
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]