Monday, April 11, 2005
Ballet Under The Stars
Beautiful. Bravo. Breath-taking. Brilliant.
Singapore Dance Theatre... I salute you. Their strength, coordination, muscular bodies, elegance, grace, flexibility, flexibility, impact, poise, (did i mention flexibility?) and confidence... *faints from the overload*
I'm going to make sure I watch BUTS every season from now on. This is the 3rd time I caught it, but this time round, it was especially good. Although Jeffrey Tan's piece "Facade" was from his old repertoire, that was my favourite piece of the night. The music alone blew my mind away... Everybody should go download or buy Samuel Barber's "Adagio for Strings". My goodness. It totally stirred really deep feelings within me and made me think about my life... really 1st class & insipring music. So tempted to take up ballet haha.
Yes, I really LOVE watching dance concerts. The established and reputable dance companies of cos. Going to the Esplanade or any of theatres always never fails to give me that thrill & excitement. Watched a few damn good ones in the past months - Alvin Ailey, Compagnia AterBalleto and now BUTS. Really good stuff. Good plays are also something else that I truly enjoy. Always loved supporting such 'cultural'/'art' events. Believe that next time I will still go on to do so. heh. so exciting! :)
Singapore Dance Theatre... I salute you. Their strength, coordination, muscular bodies, elegance, grace, flexibility, flexibility, impact, poise, (did i mention flexibility?) and confidence... *faints from the overload*
I'm going to make sure I watch BUTS every season from now on. This is the 3rd time I caught it, but this time round, it was especially good. Although Jeffrey Tan's piece "Facade" was from his old repertoire, that was my favourite piece of the night. The music alone blew my mind away... Everybody should go download or buy Samuel Barber's "Adagio for Strings". My goodness. It totally stirred really deep feelings within me and made me think about my life... really 1st class & insipring music. So tempted to take up ballet haha.
Yes, I really LOVE watching dance concerts. The established and reputable dance companies of cos. Going to the Esplanade or any of theatres always never fails to give me that thrill & excitement. Watched a few damn good ones in the past months - Alvin Ailey, Compagnia AterBalleto and now BUTS. Really good stuff. Good plays are also something else that I truly enjoy. Always loved supporting such 'cultural'/'art' events. Believe that next time I will still go on to do so. heh. so exciting! :)
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]